To celebrate the (approximate) 1-year anniversary of Diversity in YA’s launch on tumblr, we’re giving away all these books! Thank you for celebrating diversity in young adult books with us and continuing to engage in dialogue and increasing awareness!
(To view a document listing all the titles, click here.)
Here’s how this is going to work:
- We’ve divided these books into 4-packs of diverse awesomeness. Don’t worry, series titles will all be kept together, so you won’t end up getting a middle book or a third book in a trilogy without the others.
- We have multiple copies of some titles, so some of them will go into several prize packs.
- We’ll select 17 winners, each of whom will receive a prize pack of 4 books!
- Because of the large number of titles and the cost of international shipping, we’re only able to ship to U.S. mailing addresses. International folks may enter as long as they have a U.S. mailing address.
- Teachers and librarians get an extra entry!
- The deadline to enter is March 31, 2014.
(If you can’t see the Rafflecopter entry form on your tumblr dash, you can also enter at our website.)
Thank you so much to the following publishers for donating books to our Anniversary Giveaway:
in french today we were talking about celebrities that we admire and i said misha collins and nobody knew who i was talking about so my teacher googled him and put this photo up
and the whole class went quiet and from the back of the room we just heard this tiny ‘oh my god’
I’m glad your teacher managed to find the only normal picture of him
MULTIPLE people I am following are asking what these are, why we call them holy when only one has a hole. If they are made by the same company, and what is with us praising these.
I weep for you people, from other countries. WEEP.
Aussies may have Tim Tams.
EU may have Kinder and All sorts of fantastic biscuits.
USA? Has GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.
Not only are these things SINFULLY good, they are only sold for a bit over 1 month of the year, depending on region, that month of the year changes.
That middle one is Chocolate, Caramel Coconut. The left one is Peanut Butter, chocolate and sex on a stick aka crumbly cookie/biscuit.
You can eat em straight from the box, but pros? Pros eat these bad boys frozen.
And thin mints, man. that right one? THIN MINTS. You may have heard of these. Chocolate biscuit infused with mint essence coated in dark chocolate.
Those thin mints.
The Thin Mints for which every grown ass American on a Medical Diet cries for when they see a girlscout.
The Thin Mints with 1000 copycats, and not a one of them successful.
Girl Scouts, regularly boycotted by Fundies and Anti-choice nutters, not only taste amazing, but you get the joy of giving money to a good cause, while subtly flipping the bird at overly wound up fundie groups.
It’s like donating to Planned Parenthood and getting a box of double dark chocolate with fudge filling tim-tams especially made for them.
The reason we eat them frozen is that we buy as many boxes of thin mints as we possibly can during that short sale period, and then store them for the dark months, like proud American squirrels.
PROUD AMERICAN SQUIRRELS.
8. the magic begins a scene you really wanted to be in the movies but wasn’t → career advice"Well, then, I am confused…I’m afraid I don’t quite understand how you can give Mr. Potter false hope that —"
"False hope?" repeated Professor McGonagall, still refusing to look round at Professor Umbridge. “He has achieved high marks in all his Defense Against the Dark Arts tests —"
"I am terribly sorry to have to contradict you, Minerva, but as you will see from my note, Harry has been achieving very poor results in his classes with me —"
"I should have made my meaning plainer," said Professor McGonagall, turning at last to look Umbridge directly in the eyes. “He has achieved high marks in all Defense Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher."
MINERVA YOU FUCKING QUEEN
EVERYONE BOW DOWN
BOW DOWN TO THE QUEEN
my friends sister was telling me about how in highschool a guy tried to take a picture up her skirt as she was walking up stairs and she saw, grabbed his phone, broke it in half, and handed it back to him and said “you can tell your mom why your phones broken”
Ellen gives Edgar the pizza guy at the Oscars a $1,000 tip (x)